South African´s Visitors Visas
Duration and Purpose of Stay
Argentine citizens (Argentine passport holders) visiting the Republic of South Africa for ninety (90) days or less for tourism / business purposes do not need visas.
Nationals of other countries must check the list of visa exempt countries to see if they need to apply for visas. If the names of their countries are not listed, it means they need to apply for visas. There are also countries that are visa exempt if applicant is travelling to South Africa for a period of 30 days or less.
There are countries which are required to apply for visas but are exempt from visa fees, e.g. India, Colombia, Mexico, etc. Please refer to the list of countries that pay for visa and if your country is not listed it means you do not need to pay for visa.
(Note: If your visit would exceed ninety days or if you want to travel to South Africa to study or to work, you will need to apply for a temporary residence permit instead of a visitor’s visa. Requirements for temporary residences are not the same with visitor's visa).
Yellow fever certificate is required for argentine citizens as Argentina has been determined by the WHO (World Health Organization) to be a high risk country for yellow fever (*). (adjuntar documento de WHO: yellow fever policy brief)
Foreigners who wish to visit South Africa must have passports / travel documents valid for thirty (30) more days after the intended return date from South Africa. The passport must contain at least two (2) unused (blank) pages labelled Visa when presented at the Embassy or Consulate; one page is for affixing the visa or permit at the Embassy/Consulate and the other page is for endorsement of entry/departure stamp by the South African Immigration Services. Note: Visa pages referred to above do not include pages reserved for Endorsements, Amendments
Please note that Applicants are required to apply in person at the South African mission from Tuesday to Thursday from 9 to 12hs with appointment.
- Form DHA-84 completed in black ink and duly signed. Failure to complete the form fully and in detail may cause the delay or refusal of the Visa. If space provided is not sufficient, information can be supplied in a separate sheet as long it is signed at the bottom; Passport or Travel Document which must be valid for travel to South Africa, valid for no less than 30 (thirty) days after the expiring of the intended stay and it must contain at least 2 (two) blank pages for endorsements;
- International Certificate of Vaccination against Yellow Fever, if the journey starts or entails passing through the Yellow Fever Belt of Africa and South America (Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, Venezuela, Panama, etc). The full list is available at the Embassy;
- 2 (two) 4cm x 4cm passport photographs, white background and applicant facing the camera;
- Proof of booking of airline ticket; return or onward ticket to the next destination’s country (NOT paid tickets);
- Hotel Reservation;
- Medical Insurance valid in South Africa;
- Proof of sufficient financial means which shall be in a form of:
- Bank statements of the last three months;
- Salary devices of the last three months;
- Cash available, including travellers' cheques;
- Undertaking supported by bank statements or salary advices, by the host in the Republic accepting responsibility for the costs related to the maintenance and removal of the applicant, should this be necessary + certified copy of passport,
- Scholarships or bursaries in the case of scholars and students respectively;
- In respect of minor dependent children accompanying the applicant to or joining the applicant in the Republic, the following documentation shall be submitted:
- Proof of guardianship or custody, in the case of a minor subject to guardianship or custody; or
- Consent from the guardian, in the case of an unaccompanied minor;
- In respect of unaccompanied minors (under 18 years old): consent letter from parents in English containing full names, ID numbers of parents, full name of child, passport number of minor and signatures of both parents (if applicable), birth certificate or proof of adoption/ guardianship translated by public translator and legalized or PARENTAL CONSENT AFFIDAVIT (signed at the Embassy);
- The non-refundable application (administrative) fee. The application fee and cash deposit, if applicable, must be in pesos cash together with the applicable documentation mentioned above when submitting your application. The Embassy reserves the right to reject any application that does not satisfy its requirements.
- Documentation confirming the purpose and duration of the visit; ie; a letter of invitation explaining the host’s relationship to the applicant written in English, including host´s name’s South African ID number , address and work details.
- If invited by a company, the program or description of activities on letterhead may be provided. If visit is for a normal holiday, proof of booked hotel is required and or an invitation letter from a South African citizen/ Permanent Residence holder. Copy of their ID or passport or Permanent Residence certificate must also be attached.
- Non-Argentine or Paraguayan passports must contain a valid long term or permanent residence permit in Argentina or Paraguay if they want to apply for the visas at the Embassy in Buenos Aires.